Complimentary Digital Estate Planning For Our Healthcare Heroes
Suffolk County First Responders will be able to complete wills, powers of attorneys, advance directives/living wills free of charge through the internet virtually by following the below directions till June 30th.
- Suffolk County First Responders can go to the MetLife Heroes AND CLICK GET STARTED for access to self-assembling: (1) wills, (2) powers of attorney or (3) advance directives/living wills and directions on how to begin.
- This site was established for use by healthcare providers during the COVID-19 crisis. This site will be available to Suffolk First Responders until July 31, 2020.
- Users will need to identify: (1) your organization (e.g., ??? Fire Department or ??? Ambulance Company); (2) a work or personal email address; and (3) a 7 or more character passcode of their choice in order to access a question and answer dialogue that will help generate the legal documents.
- This legal document platform contains a chat feature that allows users to ask basic non-legal questions related to the program. The associates staffing the chat feature are not lawyers and if they consider a question to be legal, they will offer to refer the user to a licensed attorney. These attorneys are not MetLife attorneys and will not be providing services pro bono. If the user chooses to be referred to an attorney, a fee is likely to be payable.
- Users will need to answer the questions required by the program - such as state of residence and marital status - to generate the documents. The user will be responsible for printing and signing the documents and having the signatures witnessed and notarized. This is essential for the documents to be effective.